Last night was another rough night for Finn--which means a rough night for me and Mike. And just after he finally quieted down, I could hear Madie coughing in her room. It was a lot of coughing, so I went in, sat her up (she was already awake with it), gave her a drink, and tried to help her get back to sleep. She wanted me to sleep with her, but I said I had to go do something (I was starving by this time) but when I was done I would check on her and if she was still awake I'd lay down with her.
I ate something, did a few dishes, then went back up to see how she was. Of course she was still awake. So I laid down with her until she fell asleep. I never did go back under until I went down into my own bed though. In all, I lost 3 hours of sleep last night.
My only major problem with losing this much sleep is that it puts me on a war path the next day and I feel bad all day for being so rotten to my kids. Poor little tykes. Incredibly, today hasn't been as bad as all that--it's literally a miracle.
None of us even got after-lunch naps!
But now it's 5 pm. Finn just woke from a late nap, Madie is in the middle of one (THAT'S gonna be scary), and I'm trying to nurse, cook, and clean before the missionaries from our church arrive for dinner and a spiritual thought.
And of course Mike had to go pick up the car (that we were going to take in yesterday but didn't get to until today) from the repair shop--and he's biking. This is the longest hour and a half of my life.
I'm wicked tired, but at least it's quiet and peaceful.
I ate something, did a few dishes, then went back up to see how she was. Of course she was still awake. So I laid down with her until she fell asleep. I never did go back under until I went down into my own bed though. In all, I lost 3 hours of sleep last night.
My only major problem with losing this much sleep is that it puts me on a war path the next day and I feel bad all day for being so rotten to my kids. Poor little tykes. Incredibly, today hasn't been as bad as all that--it's literally a miracle.
None of us even got after-lunch naps!
But now it's 5 pm. Finn just woke from a late nap, Madie is in the middle of one (THAT'S gonna be scary), and I'm trying to nurse, cook, and clean before the missionaries from our church arrive for dinner and a spiritual thought.
And of course Mike had to go pick up the car (that we were going to take in yesterday but didn't get to until today) from the repair shop--and he's biking. This is the longest hour and a half of my life.
I'm wicked tired, but at least it's quiet and peaceful.
1 comment:
Oh honey! It's hard to believe anyone can get by on so little rest when kids are small. I figure God must give us a few years of super-human ability to handle it!
By the way--my "I'm not a robot" word is "umanufin"! Hahaha!
Post a Comment