Last Saturday there was a pajama sale in town. Basically a bunch of stores have major sales (and even some restaurants) from like 6 to 10 or something like that, and you can come partake. Many of them offer an additional 5% off if you come in your pjs.
If you know me and Mike, you know we're all about a deal.
Then Mike had a turn.
Then we were finally able to convince Madie that it really was a fun as we made it look. Not to mention surprisingly comfortable!
And just as an interesting tidbit of information, most of the woodworks in this shop--including this horse--were made in the owner's small wood shop in Dover-Foxcroft, Maine! WOAH! Didn't see that one coming, did ya?! He's got some beautiful things in there.
Yesterday Madie had her first day of preschool. She's going to half-days, two days a week. It was a little overwhelming I think yesterday--when I turned to leave she started bawling. I guess her teacher, in an effort to get Madie to hang up her coat, had counted to 3 (I think more like a, "Hey! How about this, on the count of three..." rather than a, "Madie! Hang it up. 1. 2. 3!" sort of way) and that really turned Madie off from her. Oh no! But she likes the other teacher, and I think she'll come around to Ms. Meagan with time. These pictures were taken before we left that morning. She was very excited.
![]() |
Okay, listen, I let my kid dress herself with only a two-part caveat: 1. It has to be weather/activity appropriate. 2. Fresh panties are a daily must. Ergo, you get conversations like this: "Madie, that dress isn't warm enough for today. What if you end up playing at the playground? Your legs would freeze." "Okay. I'll wear pants. And a shirt." And before I realize what's happening, she's wearing the pants, the shirt, and the dress. And when I went to adjust her headband so it wasn't an eye-patch she said, "No! It will fall off!" Oh well, at least she can recognize color coordinates--kind of.
And again with the face. I don't know, you guys. I tried reasoning with her, she just doesn't care.
And on a completely different note, I have a couple of things to say concerning Pinterest. First of all, I love it. I really do. It provides endless entertainment in the form of both genius and stupid ideas. My three favorites of late:
1. Wrap tinfoil around your knob so you can paint your door! People, it literally takes 30 seconds to take a knob off a door, then you can splash and splatter paint like a mad woman and it won't get on a blessed piece of hardware.
2. After a while, towels build up detergent and fabric softener, which makes them stiff and smelly. Wash them in vinegar and baking soda every once in a while and it completely refreshens them! Or, you could wash them in vinegar and baking soda every time and not worry about having them build up in detergent and fabric softener at all!
3. Look! Cake on a stick! Pie on a stick! Cupcakes on a stick! Cookies on a stick! Baked things should not be on sticks! Stop it!


1 comment:
I love Madie's outfit! It's probably good to be more relaxed about things that don't really matter (read: fashion) to let kids have their independence. We don't go out much but there have been times Dan has come home from work and wondered about Livie's outfit. Of course she chose it! :)
Post a Comment