Some of you may know I recently left Facebook. I'm determined to stay off until at least Christmas. I've always made the excuse that it's how I keep in touch with my far-flung family. But then I thought, "I have a blog I update regularly, email I check often, and a YouTube account I post videos on for those who want to watch them. Not to mention more conventional methods of contact. There's no reason I absolutely must depend on Facebook." So I won't.
Anyway on to the post. It's mostly just pictures of my adorable children being what they are: adorable children.
Anyway on to the post. It's mostly just pictures of my adorable children being what they are: adorable children.
Madie inherited these footie pajamas from a friend whose kids won't wear them (which, in Madie's mind, in incomprehensible). She's had them a week. And worn them a week. She even took them to preschool for her first ever show-and-tell. When I was explaining what show-and-tell was, I said, "...and then everyone says, 'Ooo!'" When I picked her up and asked how it went she said, "No one said, 'Ooo.'" Haha! Uh oh! Those kids need a talkin' to!
Madie has taken to wearing headscarves a lot, since I wear them pretty much all the time now. I had no intention on leaving the store with this particular one, but Madie had no intention of leaving the store without it. She is so stubborn. She gets it from Mike.
The Finn-man waiting for the cookies to finish baking. You can tell he's excited, right?
Madie has been loving swim lessons. Loooving it. It's gone better than I could have hoped--I think all the pool-time with Mike this summer really helped. She's been to two classes and just has a ball each time. In fact, she's the only kid in her class who swims without a parent in the water.
Of course, considering that this last week she was one of only two kids who showed up--I'm not sure why but it's been my experience with swim classes that many parents are shoddy on their attendance--she basically has an adult with her 100% anyway. I was a little worried at first that she wouldn't get in with Mr. Mark--she's never had a male teacher before and his beard and long hair are very unusual in her experience. But I was so wrong! She loves him and he's great with her!





3 comments:
I'm so happy that I get to see your adorable family in person now! :-)
The title of your post sounds like you're leaving FB and leaving your kids. I was thinking that maybe you were ditching them for a weekend getaway. Anyway, I was looking for that info through your blogpost. And then realized the title was indicating two separate items. I was a little let down on your behalf.
Hahaha! Sorry Shaine! I definitely have not ditched my kids--in fact, I had to ditch my bed last night because when we moved Madie down there (so a screaming Finn wouldn't disturb her already congested-filled sleep), she woke up, then insisted on being next to Dad who didn't really want to be coughed on all night (I, however, didn't care so much) and got so worked up she started to fit, so I just got up and slept in her bed so she could sleep next to Dad but far enough away so that she wouldn't cough in his face all night. You wanna know how many nights it's been since Mike and I have shared a bed throughout the entire night?
Post a Comment