Sorry this is a few days late--we've been having some technical issues loading pictures from our phones. I think we have it figured out now though.
For Thanksgiving we went to my cousin's house an hour and a half away--or, if you're us almost two hours, 'cause I was the navigator and I'm an idiot. It was a lot of fun to get together with Ashleigh and Dickon and Lincoln and their families--or at least Ashleigh and Dickon's families. (C'mon Link! Let's see some ACTION!) ;)
 |
| I am ready to EAT! |
 |
| The beginning of the spread. Mmmmm! |
We didn't get a picture of it, but John did the turkey in the brick oven out in the yard. It was soooo good. Smokey flavor and moist! Oh, man, it was awesome. Not to mention it opened up the ovens inside for other use! In our back yard, I think we're definitely going to have to build one of those!
This is what Madie did while we ate. She sat at the table long enough to argue about being allowed to eat just cornbread, then dismissed herself to go play with dolly on the couch behind us. Psh! She feasted later though. Cheerios. It's a crime.
After we ate we went for a stroll with Ashleigh, John, Max, Lottie, Pip and Lincoln. One thing I love about eating with Ashleigh is she always suggests a walk afterward. Mike often does too, but I wish we lived on a quieter road so we didn't have to drive to the carriage roads to do it--not that they're far away, it's just nice not to have to pile into the car to go for a walk. Next year...next year.
 |
| Finn in a hand-me-down of Pip's. We forgot it there! :( It is so cute! |
On Friday it was in the 50s! So the kids and I went for a walk along Bubble Pond. It was beautiful! Lots of people were out with all the good weather, but we got there a bit early and missed any thing you might call a crowd. We saw them heading out as we were coming in.
 |
| Not an incredible picture, but this is the bridge at Bubble Pond. Bridges like this dot the carriage roads--18 in all, if I remember right. Each is a little different, but they're all beautiful. |
 |
| Madie checks out some red berries on the edge of the pond. The coat is also a hand-me-down from Lottie. Madie calls it her "kitty-cat coat." Hahaha! I crack every time! |
 |
| I wanted to go to the end of this turn, but Madie insisted we turn back when we were this far. Maybe next time. I've never actually walked this particular road before. |
 |
| I guess it was a good thing I did though, 'cause I would have been doing this for that much longer. One woman I passed was like, "Woah! Super mom!" No, not super mom. Super woman maybe, but super mom would have figured out a fun way to get the kid to walk the 3/4 of a mile back. |
 |
| The front view. Look at those cheeks. |
Then we headed to the library. This is one of the most beautiful libraries I've ever been in, and I'm happy to be back to it! I'll have to get more pictures of the actual library itself some time, but in the mean time, feast your eyes on this:
 |
| "Oh sugah! Aw, honey, honey!" He's gonna be a heartbreaker, ladies. Sorry. |
4 comments:
You look so pretty Mal in your white hat. I'm pretty sure you can pull off any look and your sister is lucky to have you! And my "fun" way of getting my toddler to walk is to walk in front of her and say "see you later." It works maybe 40 percent of the time and is the oldest trick in the book, haha but I would love to hear if you find a more fun and motivating way! It gets old carrying a toddler around!
Oh believe me, we do the, "see ya!" thing regularly, and our percentage rate dropped rapidly from 100% to about 30% in a matter of months. That was depressing. Now she just stands there and balls. Haha! It was a great day, and I didn't want to spoil it with a melt down in the middle of the woods, so I just hoisted her up and took her home. I'll definitely keep you posted if I discover anything new! But don't hold your breath.
You look quite beautiful dear. Not many people could look near as good as you without their hair! What a wonderful way to support your sister. My brother is at UCLA, so if your family needs anything I'll send you his number. Maybe helpful to know someone there. Just wanted to stop by and say hello :)
Thanks, Aimee! They're getting ready to move to Salt Lake in the next week or two (hopefully), but I'll ask them if they need anything. Luckily, my dad has a half-brother in LA who has been very helpful and supportive.
Post a Comment