This post is dictated to Mallory by Madeleine. It is pondering on what a big girl Miss Madeleine is.
I can get my baniwa milk by myself. "Baniwa" = "vanilla" as opposed to chocolate. I reach for it and get it and then I drink it. So I'm a little bit bigger. Not too much bigger, like that (points to Mallory), but a little bit.
Yeah, a little bit bigger.
So what else can you do?
I just colored. I colored blue and purp-- oh! Not purple. And I go potty by myself. And I tell you when I'm hungry. As opposed to crying. I'm telling I'm hungry. You tell me when you're hungry. Right. What else? No! I'm hungry! Oh! Okay. Well, what does a big girl do? Please get me fooooood! Right, but a big girl says what kind of food she would like, right? Hmmmm, no food.
I go upstairs by myself. I'm going to swimming (lessons). What else are you going to start doing? Next week? (Counting off on her fingers) I'm going to friends, and Ms. Wendy, and Ms. Meagan.
That's right folks! Miss Madeleine is going to start preschool next week! And please excuse the photos--the light was bad in the first, so I made her turn around but it turns out that was the most normal shot I could get. I include the others because it's Madie exerting her independence--she insisted on these poses!
I can get my baniwa milk by myself. "Baniwa" = "vanilla" as opposed to chocolate. I reach for it and get it and then I drink it. So I'm a little bit bigger. Not too much bigger, like that (points to Mallory), but a little bit.
Yeah, a little bit bigger.
So what else can you do?
I just colored. I colored blue and purp-- oh! Not purple. And I go potty by myself. And I tell you when I'm hungry. As opposed to crying. I'm telling I'm hungry. You tell me when you're hungry. Right. What else? No! I'm hungry! Oh! Okay. Well, what does a big girl do? Please get me fooooood! Right, but a big girl says what kind of food she would like, right? Hmmmm, no food.
I go upstairs by myself. I'm going to swimming (lessons). What else are you going to start doing? Next week? (Counting off on her fingers) I'm going to friends, and Ms. Wendy, and Ms. Meagan.
That's right folks! Miss Madeleine is going to start preschool next week! And please excuse the photos--the light was bad in the first, so I made her turn around but it turns out that was the most normal shot I could get. I include the others because it's Madie exerting her independence--she insisted on these poses!



4 comments:
Yay for preschool! Yay for a little time with just you and Finn. And yay for Maddie learning new things and putting all that independence in a positive direction! Thanks for your comment on my blog btw, I was in need of advice! And I'm definitely going to check out your Pinterest page for tantrum tips.
Preschool...a big girl, indeed! You will have lots of fun, Madie. I love you!
-from "Aunt Holly Who Made Blankie"
So cute! I love the pictures and her little poses! She is getting so big, I still remember when you guys had her. Crazy and now she is old enough to start Preschool! Time sure does fly!
She is so adorable. I love her poses! I'm going to have to remember this and try to do something similar when Livie actually starts talking.
Post a Comment