Saturday, November 10, 2012

Dad's Outdoor Girl

For those of you who know me, I love to be outdoors hiking, camping, exploring. Weather conditions don't really phase me, as long as I have the right gear. Lucky for me, I have a partner in crime for my adventures. For the past year Madie has been my hiking and outdoors buddy. I remember when she was an infant and she could be balling her eyes out, but when I stepped outside with her she would immediately calm down. Although, that may have been because Rexburg was an ice box...but I'll keep saying it's because she loved to be outside ;)

So when we got some snow this week, Madie was so excited! She went outside to play and really did not want to come inside. When I came home that night, the conditions, in my mind, made a turn for the worst. 36 degrees and raining. Not cold enough to snow, but cold enough to chill your soaked attire! So when I came back home, she really wanted to go outside. I was reluctant because of the conditions. But she insisted on going out. It was dark too...sunset is about 4:30 in Maine at the moment. So, I threw on my rain gear and went out with Madie. She was wearing this blue-hooded jacket, a beanie, a skirt, and her rain boots. We played outside for a good 20 minutes, kicking around the wiffle ball, running through the woods in the backyard. When we came in, we couldn't help but snap this photo. She is my outdoor girl. I love that she is game for anything. 

2 comments:

Karen said...

Love the tongue! She's such a funny, cute girl!

Unknown said...

Mike...sounds like you'll be targeted for Man Camp in December. Madie might have to start her own Women Camp as she gets older!