It's been a bit of a stressful day--or month, really, but I'm trying to take it one day at a time, so I'll just retract that part (only not really, because I feel like wallowing just a bit, and I want you all to share in the misery that is sleep deprivation). But posting things to my new Pinterest board, "Stupid Stuff on a Stick" is helping me feel better.
These Madie convos will also help me feel better--and you too!
The other night, as we're getting ready to take Madie up to bed.
Mike: "Madie, do you want one of us to take you up or do you want to go by yourself?"
Madie: "One of you take me up."
Me: "Who should take you up? Me or Dad?" I lean back and "inconspicuously" point to Mike while mouthing, 'DAAAD. DAAAD.'
Madie: "What?" I continue mouthing and pointing. "What? What'd you say, Mum?" More mouthing, slightly whispering. Madie gets a look on her face that clearly says, 'You're insane.' "What, Mum? I can't hear you." Madie continues playing with her dolly on the floor. "Mum, will you take me to bed?"
~~~~~~~~~
Today I found out that one of Madie's preschool teachers was in a minor car accident the other day. She's okay, but won't be in for a few days so she can recover--she complains of some soreness (I assume from whiplash). On the way home, I mentioned this to Madie.
Me: "Hey Madie, did you know Ms. Meagan was hurt in an accident?"
Madie: "Oh. Did the floor hurt her?"
Me: "You mean did she fall? No. She was hurt by her car."
Madie: "Is she squashed?" (We've been going over the importance of staying out of the way of cars, hence the term 'squashed'.)
Me: "No, no, she's okay, she's just a little hurt. But I was thinking maybe we could think of things to do to make her feel better. Do you have any suggestions?"
Madie (after a moment): "We could bless her. And then all her owies would get better."
*Cue melting of Mumma's heart.* We have been praying for Aunt Kaitlyn and Aunt Holly lately and it was sweet that Madie realized that the power of prayer can have an effect on the wellbeing of others.
Well, as usual, I was right. I do feel better.
These Madie convos will also help me feel better--and you too!
The other night, as we're getting ready to take Madie up to bed.
Mike: "Madie, do you want one of us to take you up or do you want to go by yourself?"
Madie: "One of you take me up."
Me: "Who should take you up? Me or Dad?" I lean back and "inconspicuously" point to Mike while mouthing, 'DAAAD. DAAAD.'
Madie: "What?" I continue mouthing and pointing. "What? What'd you say, Mum?" More mouthing, slightly whispering. Madie gets a look on her face that clearly says, 'You're insane.' "What, Mum? I can't hear you." Madie continues playing with her dolly on the floor. "Mum, will you take me to bed?"
~~~~~~~~~
Today I found out that one of Madie's preschool teachers was in a minor car accident the other day. She's okay, but won't be in for a few days so she can recover--she complains of some soreness (I assume from whiplash). On the way home, I mentioned this to Madie.
Me: "Hey Madie, did you know Ms. Meagan was hurt in an accident?"
Madie: "Oh. Did the floor hurt her?"
Me: "You mean did she fall? No. She was hurt by her car."
Madie: "Is she squashed?" (We've been going over the importance of staying out of the way of cars, hence the term 'squashed'.)
Me: "No, no, she's okay, she's just a little hurt. But I was thinking maybe we could think of things to do to make her feel better. Do you have any suggestions?"
Madie (after a moment): "We could bless her. And then all her owies would get better."
*Cue melting of Mumma's heart.* We have been praying for Aunt Kaitlyn and Aunt Holly lately and it was sweet that Madie realized that the power of prayer can have an effect on the wellbeing of others.
Well, as usual, I was right. I do feel better.
3 comments:
Mal, your "stupid stuff on a stick" is hilarious!! My favorite one... Pizza on a stick! Seriously!?! It's a joke right?
I know, right?! It doesn't even have any sauce! It's basically just a breadstick!
I loooove this!
Post a Comment