Thursday, November 8, 2012

MOWvember

Have you heard of Movember? No? Well, you should look it up because men are far less likely to take the time to have regular checkups than women, and it's recommended they have a yearly screening for things like prostate cancer after 40. Men also happen to have a shorter lifespan than women by 5 years. Coincidence? Maybe...but probably not. Historically, men lived longer than women.

Movember's mission is to bring awareness to men's health. You can register as a Mo Bro or a Mo Sista. (Mo Sistas do not have to grow any extra facial/body hair. They simply support their Mo Bros.)

This post, however, is more personal than just talking about Movember. I'm talking about MOWvember. Instead of growing, I'm mowing.


People who do my hair are always surprised by how much I have.  We joked about sending it to my mother-in-law to have a doll made out of it. My little sister though I meant an actual doll of hair! Ew! But no, they're just porcelain dolls with human hair--like baby hair.
And as Movember is to support men and their health awareness, Mowvember is to support my kid sister:


Kit-Kat and her new 'do! Is she not just the third-cutest thing you ever saw? (I've got two kids, people, cut me some slack.)

9 comments:

Ben and Kristen Call said...

Mal, you are AMAZING!

Unknown said...

Really, your bone structure supports just about any haircut you do. Jealous. Also, your sister is pretty dang cute. I love her cut!

taylor elaine said...

You're an excellent older sister, Mal. I love the new dos you & Kaitlyn are rockin'!

Karen said...

You get the 'best sister ever' award! I think it's amazing you would do that for Kaitlyn. And, Kaitlyn? She looks adorable. We're praying everyday for her.

Karen said...

Oh, and if you still have your hair, I could see if my aunt still does dolls. She's the one who made them.

Shan and Cam said...

Um, how is it that you look good with a shaved head? Amazing. And sisters supporting sisters is really the best.

Mal said...

Karen, I do, technically, still have it, but it's in the trash under some used diaper wipes...so I think I'll have to pass this time.

Jessica :) said...

What a great thing to do to support your sister! I'm sure she really appreciates it!

ML said...

We love you Mally!