Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Past Little While

I was about to write up another pictureless post when I noticed I had a couple already in a row. If you're not in my family, perhaps you are more interested in my thoughts on some subjects than you are in seeing pictures of Madeleine--perhaps. If you are in my family, you're laughing at me right now for even thinking such a ludicrous thought. So, here are some pictures of what we've been up to the last few weeks.

A couple of weeks ago for family home evening we walked to a nearby park. The evening was cool and the park shady, which after a few hot days was refreshing.

Dada eats Madie's "corn-on-the-cob." 
A most unflattering picture of me heavy with child, but Madie pushing me was just too cute so I'm putting it up anyway.
At the top of a little knoll we spotted a bunny. It was just sitting there in the grass getting a snack. It stayed for some time--in fact, it outlasted Madie's attention span, which, if you've ever heard her throw a tantrum, is remarkably long.

The past couple of weeks prior to this last one were scorchers. So I emailed some friends one morning to let them know we were heading to the splash park. It was the perfect day for it--hot but not so bad the kids couldn't be in the sun for more than 15 minutes.


Madie had such a blast playing with the cups Jessica brought. One thing she loves most about shooting jets of water is how fun it is to hang her bum over one and let it soak her. Then she runs over to me every time to inform me that her "bum is very wet!"
A couple Saturdays ago--since Mike was out of school for a couple weeks--we went to the zoo as a family. I don't think we've done that since last year. Madie and I have been with friends and visiting family members while Mike's been at work, but we've have been just the three of us in a long time.  

An old--I mean old--tortoise. The keeper said he's about 120 years old and could live another 30 to 80 years.
 It was a great day for the zoo because all the animals were out and very active. I don't think we saw one enclosure that didn't have a visible occupant--we even spotted a lion off under a tree. It was awesome! He was roaring very loudly over and over--I don't know what was up, he was just lying under a tree--but it was cool!

Madie and I watching the tortoises.
 I always think it's funny to watch Madie observe a variety of animals over a short period of time. Unlike most young children--or even adults--she's far more interested in things like reptiles and fish than she is in the more popular things like otters and elephants. I think the only animal that beats them out are giraffes--she loves the giraffes.
Madie lookin' too cool in her shades. This girl has a serious celeb stare.

3 comments:

andalucy said...

Unflattering?! You look so beautiful!

Unknown said...

I love the picture of you & Madie looking at the tortoise!

You do not look unflattering. It is sweet to see you heavy with child. :-)

Mal said...

I put it that way for Matt, ya know. He told me when I was pregnant with Madie I should never say, "I'm pregnant" but rather "heavy with child."