Swimming:
The days have been warming up a bit more, making the pool a more desirable activity. Mal and I have decided not to enroll Madie into swim lessons until the fall, when things start cooling down a bit. Our main goal this summer is to just get her excited about going in the pool, build her confidence in the water, and make her somewhat independent (enter water-wings). We go just about every day after I get home from work. She is almost to the point to where I can let her go, but she doesn't quite want to let go of me. Pretty good for a weeks work. She isn't the type that will jump two feet in. She is definitely a 'baby steps' type of person. I think it's helped that we bought her some pink goggles, pink water-wings, and a couple of new swim suits. She's styling. That's the most important thing, right?
Dolly:
Madie is always thinking about brown and yellow dolly (named by their hair color). Lately, we have been getting a lot of things put together for Finnegan's arrival, and every time she sees a baby car seat, baby bouncer or a pacifier (today's examples), she immediately assumes they are for her dolly's. "Can I use that pacifer for dolly?" as she intently blinks up at us. She is always looking out for their well-being. It's cute.
Commando-eering:
Lately, Madie has refused wearing any panties to bed. Why? We will never know. It's just another one of her odd but funny requests that we play along with.
Anatomy According to Madie:
I have been naming all of Madies tickle spots after random food items. Her neck, for example, is known as 'cottage cheese'. Her stomach is known as 'tripe' and her calves are 'corn on the cob'. Its really fun to hear her say "No! Don't eat my cottage cheese!"
1 comment:
Hahaha! I love the food names--so funny!
Post a Comment