Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Weekend

Easter egg hunt on Saturday morning! The Easter bunny decided to come to Almond park and invited the primary and nursery aged kids to come and find the eggs. Madie literally woke up 15 minutes before it started.

To start her off, we cracked open an egg for her to show her what was inside...I think you know where this is going.

She kind of ate as she collected.





Saturday night, we went to the Atheys for an egg dying party. Madie had some friends her age come along as well, and they were completely taken with the sliding door. At one point, I saw Madie inside the home, blocking the sliding doorway from her friend Rion. He kept trying to climb the steps to get in and she had her foot stretched out onto his head, preventing him from climbing up. When I glanced over, I almost couldn't believe what I was seeing! I didn't know whether to laugh, watch, or scold. So, I did all three (in a 3 second window).

Of course, we dyed some eggs.

Played with Madie's other little friend Maggie. I don't know that their friendship is necessarily mutual.


Easter Sunday was so nice. Mal and the choir sounded really good, despite my frequent exits from the chapel and chasing a running Madie down the aisles. She is getting really quick! Even when she is in this big poof-y Easter dress. She was pretty tired by the end of church. When I picked her up from nursery, all the kids were being read to and were seated in small chairs while Madie was sprawled out on her back on the side; apparently tired. She fell asleep on the 5 minute car ride home.

Prepping for Easter dinner, which included deviled eggs, lamb, mashed potatoes, butternut squash, asparagus, bundt pan rolls, and carrot cake.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

wow! that's an impressive dinner for 3 (or even 2 1/2) if you didn't invite anyone over...I'm impressed! :)

She looks gorgeous in her dress..love the Yellow--Brodi was in yellow too...wish we could be closer...so not fun!! And no...we don't have any trips planned out there yet...maybe end of July?!?!?!?

Michael said...

We actually had a couple from our ward come over, so it was nice to share the big meal!

Unknown said...

I love that Maddie ate the candy as she found it. Cute. And Yum! I want to come over to your house for Easter! You're quite the cook! I think as time goes on I get more glimpses into your cooking style and I'm pretty impressed!