
For those of you who haven't heard, we were babysitting and house sitting this last week for some friends who went to Europe. We went from one kid to four in a blink of an eye. It was exhausting, I'm not going to lie. Anyways, their youngest was born the same week as Madie and it was so fun to watch these two run around together.

Within 24 hours, we used one of our life-lines and phoned some friends for help. The kids were kind of fighting and we were still adjusting to each other. Luckily, the Atheys brought Maggie over for a visit and totally distracted the kids for a few hours! That's Maggie's tongue, btw.

I couldn't help myself.

And of course, we got some good shots of our ever so photogenic Madie. The family had a basket of shoes sitting by the door, which meant Madie was in heaven. I'm pretty sure she test drove every pair in the basket at one point.

Mal took the kids to the splash park so that they could get out and stretch their legs for a bit.
Post splash park picture. Madie's hair was so greasy from the sunscreen that we decided to have a photo-shoot.

These two did really well together. Even though each kid (and adult) had our meltdown moments this week, I think it was pretty good overall. Of course, I'm the one who was working all week and was only home in the evenings.

One huge bonus that came from watching kids this week was we had access to a van. Vans are pretty amazing, because they can actually hold a lot more than trucks can (for the most part). We have been wanting new furniture for a while, and have hounded Craigslist for months trying to figure out ways to squeeze furniture into our little Jetta or even renting a truck for a few hours. I don't know why we don't know more people with trucks, but we don't! It just worked out that we were looking into getting this table the day that we began babysitting...and it was then that we realized we had a van to put it in! I took the seats out of the van and headed over to pick up the table and chairs.

We figured hey, we have the means to transport furniture. Lets get a leather couch! We picked one up that same day for a very reasonable price. Great condition, comfortable, and hopefully will endure anything our kids will throw at it for the next 15 or so years.

What's that you say? A $15 pony from the local thrift shop? Pick it up!

Awesome $3 lamp at a garage sale. Guess we didn't really need the van for this one.
4 comments:
What a bonanza! Great finds--and always so much better and more fun to find used treasures than paying full price!
Cute furniture! I love the rocker horse! Have you thought of whether you want to remake it? It looks like it is in really good condition
Ooh, you guys were busy! I understand what you mean about how hard it can be to go from one kid to four within minutes. We watched my nieces and nephew last year when Livie was four months old. Luckily for us the kids are pretty spaced in years so it wasn't too bad. Minus getting the flu the last two days. Anyway, it can really be tough watching someone else's kids! Glad you made it okay!
Also, the furniture is awesome! I love the rocking horse!
I really like 1st one Pic. thanks For sharing.
3D ultrasounds | 4d Ultrasounds
Post a Comment