
Our ward in Livermore has some pretty awesome activities, this one is an annual trip to Half Moon Bay, CA for dads with daughters. I think it's good because not all dads have sons, so it's kind of a way of reaching to everyone. And let's face it, the men in my immediate family don't have a great track record for producing boys. I'll take what I can get!

First thing we did after we set up camp was head down to the water. We could see/hear the waves breaking from our campground, which gives you an idea of how close we actually were.

Madie loved every minute of it. She didn't want to go back up to camp. There was one casualty on this trip: Madie's blankie. We are still searching for it. I'm glad she is still young enough that she will likely forget about it and move on in-case we can't find it.
Here are some things we did...

Ran around with friends.

First s'more!

I think the s'more was overwhelming to her, so she didn't really take to it. Plus, she is really particular about sticky things, or crumbs on her hands. This was a bit too messy for her. Gloves perhaps?

Lights were a hit in the tent.

Trying to see look into the light and wear the lamp at the same time.

Adjusting the headlamp...

Finally fell asleep after playing in the tent with Dad for literally two hours straight! She was very excited to be in there, and it was one of the first times she wasn't 'confined' to a crib or pack and play. She certainly took advantage of her situation by crawling all over Dad, playing with the tent walls, flashlights, etc.

Climbed trees (sort of).

Scoping out the surf.

She loved walking through the water as it came upon shore. My shoes got completely soaked from saving her from a big wave a few times.

To top it off, we went for a hike in the redwoods.
2 comments:
Wow! I'm impressed your ward does a daddy-daughter campout. That's awesome! In my ward growing up they did a dinner and dance, but that was it. But camping... that's more like it! I bet Maddie LOVED roaming around. She's so stinking cute Hopefully you find the blanket soon...
What fun, beautiful, cute pictures! Looks like the 2 of you had a great time. :-)
Post a Comment