Sunday, May 1, 2011

A Few Favorite Things

Just in case you don't feel you've had enough Madie, I thought I'd post a bunch of pictures of her and her favorite things at this point in her life. In truth, she's been pretty consistent in her delights. Probably because she's girly. (For example, a lot of her likes have to do with clothing. A LOT.)

Love #1: Hats
If it goes on your head, chances are she's gonna like it. A lot. And it's kind of cute how she'll find a hat and know exactly what to do with it, even if it doesn't look like a hat when it's just lying crumpled up in the clothes hamper...
Exhibit A: Dad's hat found in clothes hamper after a campout.
But she loves pretty hats too, which made the fact that she didn't want to wear her Easter hat so strange. Often, if I let her, she'll wear a hat around the house all day. But don't worry, Grammy! On Tuesday when she insisted on wearing her Easter dress again, she happily wore the hat around outside while she tossed a ball.
Exhibit B: Southern belle? I'd say so. If we were from the South, anyway.
Love #2: Chocolate
This girl's in for some serious addiction problems. I'm pretty sure the picture says it all.

Exhibit C: Chocolate Face. Of course, food in general. That's my girl!
 Love #3: La Luna Bella
Mike says little cousin Claire had a thing for the moon when she was a tyke. If so, Madie has inherited the same love. She'll point it out as we walk into the house after a late night, or when we're out on the playground in a swing. She loves it!

I know it's hard to see. We really need an SLR. One day, Mike, one day...
 Love #4: Pretty Dresses
Pretty things in general actually, but dresses take the cake! (Well, maybe a pretty chocolate cake would take the cake, but she'd love to eat it in a pretty dress.) If it's pouffy, frilly, and covered in bows, this girl's gonna wear it. The dress Grammy picked out for Easter was perfect. I had a friend at church who said she wished they had a dress like it in her size. Sorry, Shaine. :)
Exhibit D: Yellow Polka-Dot Dress
Thanks to Grandma Clark's dress last year and Grammy Conner's dress this year, Madie has now set a precedent for herself: yellow Easter dresses. I think it's adorable. Yellow is one of my favorite colors. In fact, to prepare my room for when I moved out to join my family on Saipan, my sister helped pick out a yellow she though I'd like and she and my brother painted the room. Then when I moved across the hall into Lex's room, Sam painted that one yellow too! (Or was the second one cream? I think I had it done in yellow, but now I can't remember.) Either way, thanks Sam!

That was kind of a long rant on my own flaxen feelings. The point is, I like Madie's yellow Easter dresses. And I'm pretty sure she likes them too.
Yellow dress, sans hat. She did wear the hat most of the time she was out though.
 Love #5: Soft Things
Like I said, girly. Dresses, hats, chocolate, and soft things. It's true though. Sometimes when she's being a PRINCESS OF PAIN while I change her diaper, I'll snatch her pillow pet out of the crib and put it under her. It usually works. She also loves her plush puppets from Uncle BJ and Aunt Shannon. (She also loved her blankie from Aunt Holly, but we don't speak of that anymore. Blankie rests in peace, probably somewhere on a sandy beach.)
Madie in her "house" Dada made out of some big boxes we had lying around. All that's in there is her puppy and the body pillow, and she's happy as can be.

One of these days I'll post about some of her favorite people. Now that you've got to see! 

4 comments:

ML said...

I love this post! She is sooo cute and the pictures are beautiful!

Tiffany said...

SOoo so cute!! great post...you thin you will remember these things forever...but sadly you most likely won't...so good job documenting it!! I LOVE that dress!! She is adorable!

Ben and Kristen Call said...

She is definitely all girl!!!

Jessica :) said...

Wow! I think I adore this girl! Chocolate aside, all of those things really are pretty awesome! And I think it's great that she knows what she loves, too. What fun!