Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Uh-Oh!

Red alert! We have a standing baby! I have actually been trying to get her to stand while clenching the couch for a while, but the idea didn't really interest Madie. It would last three seconds before she would start screaming. I guess she didn't like being shoved against the couch?? Anyways, this is evidence that she did it! I had to coax her with a National Geographic (which she loves to wrinkle pages with), but she was content and was standing for about ten seconds.

Nothing else to report from our family. Mal's been teaching more and more every day and really seems to enjoy it. Though she comes home and is worn out! It's been a good experience for her so far. As for the job hunting, it's still happening. I get callbacks every once in a while, but it's a grim job market right now. I have been looking for an interpreter job in Salt Lake as of yesterday for Spanish. I think that would be really fun for a little while until I am accepted into a graduate program or find a job in my field.


Madie has been sitting up as well, though she slouches pretty far forward. I tried to upload some videos, but the internet connection isn't letting me!


6 comments:

ML said...

Wow! Standing at 5 months--hmmm. Before you know it, she'll be driving the car!
Love the striped outfit.

Tiffany said...

She is a doll!! Ty loves to do the same thing with our "sitting babies" too...then he has them STAND on his one hand...freaks me out every time!!

So glad you are getting some use of the clothes! She looks adorable in it!!

Karen said...

Oh, she is so cute! I remember when her cousins used to wear that outfit - it's so soft and snuggly. She looks so cute standing against the couch!

andalucy said...

What are you doing there, raising an Olympic athlete?

Michael said...

Haha thanks Tiff, we love the outfit! And yes we are raising an olympian! I have been thinking a lot about retirement plans lately...

Shurtliff Family said...

So cute! Growing up so fast! I've learned that the coaxing thing works well with a lot of things. =) Sometimes they just need a little more encouragement! Good luck still with the job hunting. So fun.