I almost reached that second one. I was able to swim four laps without stopping in the middle of any of them to breathe, but my rests at the end of the second and third are still fairly lengthy.
The first two weeks I made it swimming twice a week no problem. If I missed an early morning, I went on Saturday afternoon. But last week I came down with a bit of something, which made it so hard to get up and do anything more than take care of the baby at 5:30 in the morning. The Friday I was determined to go I slept straight through my alarm and woke up just in time for water aerobics (which is not what I do). I did go and lift weights though, which I figure is necessary cross-training.
This past week was midterms, aka: a TA's nightmare. Not only do I have to take my own midterms, but I also have to grade/input other students' midterms. Lame. Anyway, again, I didn't have the energy to swim at all this week.
So, goals for November:
1. Swim twice a week... really this time
2. Swim five laps in a row
3. Learn how to do one of those flippy things at the end of each lap.
Oh! I almost forgot, there are these two old men who swim 2 miles a day or something like that. They had these paddles on their hands, and I asked about them (they're for muscle gain), and one of them kind of took me under his wing. He taught me how to stroke, and gave me a pair of pretty nice goggles he says he never uses. Basically, I have an old-man mentor who popped out of nowhere, so according to Hollywood, I'm destined for greatness!
2 comments:
I think you're doing great just WANTING to exercise and making it a goal. It has been awhile since I have had that desire. :-)
watch the movie "on a clear day."
Post a Comment