Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Madies First Swim

For family home evening on Monday, we were invited to go to our Bishop's home for a family swim night. It was fun to take Madie in for her first swim! She was really calm, and seemed to like it. Her initial response was two tightly clenched fists under her chin, and a lot of uncertainty. After a few mins, she eased out a little smile and seemed a bit more relaxed. I noticed that when she has been casually smiling lately, it's been a real gradual grin that slowly spreads across her face. That's pretty much what happened here. With her normal diaper on, and a baby swim diaper on, she was VERY buoyant! At one point I just held my hand under her head, and her pelvis was floating without any assistance from me! It was fun to take her in. Thanks for taking the pics Tari. 







7 comments:

Unknown said...

Madie will have her own swim goals in no time. :-)

Cute pictures!

ML said...

Hahaha! Aren't they the funnest little people? So cute and sweet--

Shurtliff Family said...

I'm so glad that you found us in the blogging world. Now you can't hide from us either. You guys have a baby! WOW!! So awesome! We knew it wouldn't be long. =) She's a cutie! Being parents is the best isn't it?!

holly said...

You two baldies look so cute in the pool together :) Maddie is adorable...getting so big!

Karen said...

I agree with Holly - I was noticing that you two have the same hairdo. Looks like she'll be a little fish - I'm glad she likes the water. She's so CUTE! I can't wait to hold her again.

Ozoz said...

Read somewhere you were looking for a stroopwaffle recipe....I have one for you...and what cute photos!
www.kitchenbutterfly.com/how-to/stroopwaffles/

Ave said...

that is very very cute.