Friday, November 20, 2009

Tobias Olen

So this happened a while ago, but I've been waiting to get my other blog up and running before posting it. It was to serve as my introduction to Thought-Fits, a blog of my writing, commentary (which is always interesting) on different topics, and so on and so forth.

The number of blogs I'm helping to maintain right now is becoming ridiculous.

I only have a few posts, and the short story is going to be published in installments on there to save people from looking at it and thinking, "Ha! Like I'm gonna read THAT!" It's easier to take a page at a time.

Anyway, it's the story that won me second place at BYU-Idaho's English Department Pre-Professional Conference. I was able to read it to an audience. I was completely surprised at even placing since it's the first fiction I've ever written. (When you read it that'll probably be pretty obvious.)

Just so you know, I post under a different name on Thought-Fits, so if you ever see me leaving comments under that name, don't be shocked. I just didn't switch users. :)

3 comments:

andalucy said...

Wow, Mal! Congratulations! I look forward to reading it.

andalucy said...

I tried to comment on Thought-fits but wasn't able to. Post the next part of the story!

Don't you love that Laini Taylor 'Not for Robots'? Another incredibly helpful author blog I just discovered this week is R.L. LeFevers: http://rllafevers.blogspot.com/

Mal said...

Thanks for telling me, Lucy! I've got the comments fixed now. And I added that LaFevers blog. I do like it; i think it has some good tips on there for how to get started, which is one thing I'm looking for in those links. Mum sent me that Not for Robot link I don't know how long ago (two years?) in an email and I've never actually looked at it. I've just kept it in my inbox, waiting until I had the time to start writing to read it. Well, now I'm in creative writing classes, and whether I have the time or not, I've got to write!