After letting the shock of what middle pictures sink in, he asked, "Would you ever want to put your kid through that?" We all asked what the "test" was that the kids were put through. He said they were first-graders on a 20 oz Coke. Some of us were a little surprised, others were shocked. I knew sodas, especially caffeinated ones, weren't good for anyone, especially smaller frames, but I had no idea they would have this drastic of an effect on a child's brain.
"Grief can take care of itself, but to get the full value of a joy you must have somebody to divide it with." - Mark Twain
Thursday, October 23, 2008
During the Test
In my Exceptional Students 6-12 class on Tuesday, we were studying ADHD and Learning Disorders. At one point during his PowerPoint, Bro. K. popped this picture up:
After letting the shock of what middle pictures sink in, he asked, "Would you ever want to put your kid through that?" We all asked what the "test" was that the kids were put through. He said they were first-graders on a 20 oz Coke. Some of us were a little surprised, others were shocked. I knew sodas, especially caffeinated ones, weren't good for anyone, especially smaller frames, but I had no idea they would have this drastic of an effect on a child's brain.
After letting the shock of what middle pictures sink in, he asked, "Would you ever want to put your kid through that?" We all asked what the "test" was that the kids were put through. He said they were first-graders on a 20 oz Coke. Some of us were a little surprised, others were shocked. I knew sodas, especially caffeinated ones, weren't good for anyone, especially smaller frames, but I had no idea they would have this drastic of an effect on a child's brain.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Wow! I'm glad my kids don't drink soda. They have had a taste from time to time, and Zoe drinks an orange soda every once in awhile, but most of the time they are drinking water or milk.
Amazing--and disturbing.
weird. I feel that way when I have had a lot of caffeine. The writing on the tests kind of look like a grown up trying to write like a kid though. Do you know what I mean? Maybe it is just the way the script was copied or scanned from the original.
I showed it to my boss who drinks at least one 28 oz. Pepsi every day. His response was: "I agree. First-graders shouldn't drink 20 oz. Cokes while they take tests." I rolled my eyes and walked away while he giggled at his wit.
What is it with men and their soda? It seems to me that they drink it a lot more then women do. My boss drinks 3 cups of coffee in the morning and at least one of those 20 something oz. pepsi. Maybe women care more in general about what they consume.
Yeah, I don't know. I mean, I know a few women that are addicted to sodas, but most of the addicts to seem to be men. Mike drinks even less soda than I do, and I hardly drink any at all!
Post a Comment