Here are some pictures from Malies special day. It was great having her birthday mid-week because we honestly treated it like a Saturday...except we still went to school. Basically, we didn't do any school work. The day-after wasn't so much fun (it involved a lot of make-up work, cramming, postponed tests, etc), but Wednesday was great! Here are some highlights:
A few weeks ago we were in Barns-n-Noble and Mallory spotted a Dr. Seuss book translated into Latin. She was pretty peeved that it was in a "dead language" and wasn't to be found in any other language! So, I did some research online. Come to find out, there are three Dr. Seuss books in Russian! Interesting Note: these books are illegal in Russia and any former Soviet Union states.
When we were on our honeymoon in San Diego, Mallory really wanted to rent a tandem bike. Time didn't really permit the activity, but I did make a mental note for a future date. So this is what we did! We just cruised around town. I don't know how many of you have ridden one before, but it was pretty wierd. Mallory insisted on sitting in front, which put me on the wobbly back seat. I felt like I was leaning the whole time! Mallory just informed me to inform you all that it wasn't wobbly because of her driving skills. That's just the way the seat is. A weak frame could also contribute to that. FYI.
We made a pit-stop at a friend's house to get some pictures taken. This friend actually lives in the same home that my Grandpa Mel Clark lived in when he attended Ricks back in the 1940's.
We also rode to the Rexburg Nature Park which consisted of a lot of ponds, beautiful trees, and a TON of ducks. All different kinds too! It was really pretty because the trees are just starting to turn.
The sun was setting when I took this picture, but you can still get an idea of what season we are in.
See all the ducks?! There was a family that was feeding them, and the ducks were blitzing them from left to right, top to bottom...literally. The boy feeding them was so happy! When they ran out of food for the ducks, the ducks called it a day and departed. He started to cry. Ironically, the ducks must have smelt food because they swam to another family that came to feed them. Same thing happened there too.
Later on we got together with some friends and had cake and ice cream. No, I didn't make the cake. When I offered, she insisted "My Mom makes her cake." I did help get out the mixing bowls though. I guess that counts for "helping out". Haha.
She didn't get them all blown out in one breath due to technical difficulties. Chelsea commited "candle interference" and Mallory was granted a second shot to finish the job.
2 comments:
WHat a fun day!Brownie points for mike...sounds like you did a great job to make her day special!! He's upped the anti for you Mal...good luck!! Happy Birthday again!
I know! I told him that. Of course, he's done it more to himself than me. Since he's got it so high for himself, I'll be expecting bigger and better things next Fall.
Post a Comment