Our ward's Halloween party was on Friday night. They were having jack-o-lantern, costume, and doughnut-on-a-string contests. (Mike and I both would have gone out for the doughnut contest except that by the time it started we were all sugared out!)

Families with last names starting with A-L brought healthy snacks, while the rest brought sweet treats. I made a family classic: hoot owl cookies. For the recipe, go
here.

Mike starting on the jack-o-lantern (above) and the finished product (below). I think he did a great job! The mouth is kind of narrow, so the light doesn't shine through it very well, but that's how the character's mouth is. Any guesses?


This wasn't the winning pumpkin which was very cool. (Only now do I realize I should have taken a shot of it.) But we really liked this one. It's just so funny!

We went as mimes. Hahahaha! It think the lips are just the funniest things! All the little kids that saw us would just stare wide-eyed at us for a bit. They usually didn't even run away, I think they were just too freaked out. We certainly weren't the scariest things there, but we were probably the creepiest.

The next morning the Elder's Quorum put together a service project (that included wives, hence, I was there). Some of us raked up the leaves at a church building in town while the rest headed down the street doing the same for the residents. I don't think there are any trespassing lawsuits pending, but if one arises, I'll let you know.
Right now we're heading up to a stake meeting to see if we stay in our current ward or if our complex is part of the split. It'd be nice to go to a building a little closer to us (we drive across town right now, about 10 minutes away, and it's the farthest Mike has EVER lived from church before!) but we don't want to give up our nice 9 a.m. time. 10 or 10:30 wouldn't be too bad, but church at 11 or later is just no fun.
5 comments:
Mike doesn't look so creepy, but you, Mal... yikes! :-)
That pumpkin sneezing is really cute.
oh my gosh. That is so hilarious. Those lips, too funny. I love the beige striped shirts too, you look like you should be holding starbucks.
Hahaha! I know right! Yeah, the outfits actually weren't too hard to pull together. The most expensive things were the $5 hats. Other than that we got everything at DI.
I like the assignment of healthy and sweet treats. Your cookies came out great! I bet they were yummy, too.
Great costumes! I'm glad you didn't scare too many kids. :-)
Yeah, I used to think that 9 was the best time to start church, until I had Aidan. I think we've made it on time once since he was born...
Post a Comment