Sunday, February 12, 2012

Weekend Visitors

A few months ago, my sister Holly told me that she was going to be visiting San Francisco for about a week in February while Jeff would be at a conference. About two weeks ago, my brother BJ called and said that he was planning to come out sometime soon because Shannon needed to get some fingerprinting done in CA for a new job. I thought to myself, how fun would it be if we could all get together at the same time? Then, Mom decided to join us and we had ourselves a mini Watkins reunion. Sound familiar? This same sort of thing happened in August with the Conner family.

We went to check out the sea lions.

We met our niece Hannah, whom we had never met before.

The gang at Pier 39. There was a company doing a survey for a pharmaceutical for women between 35-60. They didn't mention the criteria before advertising "$50 for a 20 minute survey". After they informed me of the criteria, I walked away only to think of what I should have said five minutes later. "Don't let this facial hair fool you, I really am a 35 year old woman." I mean, we are in San Francisco...right?

Madie warmed right up to Holly...I think the Jelly-Belly's helped.

Ghirardelli Square for some ice cream. Madie couldn't get enough of the steps to play on.

Boudin, a famous sourdough company, had some interesting bread on display.

Madie with her Nana.


The ice cream was amazing.

Later that night we had dinner at The Rainforest Cafe. It's a pretty famous restaurant that features animatronic, life-sized animals such as elephants, leopards, birds, gorillas. All of the animals make some loud noises approximately every 15 minutes. We just happened to be sitting right in front of the elephants, and Madie was facing them. Every time they started making noises, Madie grabbed the closest adult hand and covered her eyes. They freaked her out. The funniest thing was she would peek behind the hand just to check on them. Poor Madie.

Saturday we headed to Monterey.

She was pretty captivated by the waves.


Sam and Brodi, Madie's fellow Arizona cousins, wanted to get in the water really bad. The water was cold, the air was cold and windy...they were pretty cold afterwards. I think Brodi even fell in.

Madie had a ball climbing over the rocks.


She was loving the puddles.We finished off the day cruising the Monterey Bay in a sailboat. Madie loved it. Right when we were approaching the harbor, she peed all over my lap. It wasn't just a twinkle, it was a long pee that lasted probably 5-7 thorough seconds. Glad I had a change of clothes for us in the trunk of the car!


No comments: