Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Madies Valentines Party

Last Monday, Madie had some friends over for a little Valentine's party. Some of the mom's stayed and my friend Shaine came over to help keep track of any extra kids and--let's be honest--to decorate some cookies.

I started the party at 10:30 and planned for it to go until about 12:30. The idea was the kids would have fun, eat lunch, play, and then their parents would pick them up and they'd fall asleep. So here's what we did to reach that end.

The kids get busy on their confections. They had a blast frosting the cookies and then promptly covering any remaining evidence of actual cookie with sprinkles.

Shaine helped Rion with his cookies.


I've got to say, Weston cracks me up. He has a baby brother and to hear Weston talk to him is so cute. He was also entertaining to watch frost his cookie. I noticed the boys tended to be more in the "hurry up and get something on there so I can eat this thing!" category. The girls on the other hand (you can see Cara in the background) were in the "let's see how much frosting I can fit onto the face of this cookie" category. 




They also decorated some paper hearts with foam stickers. Madie at first thought they were candies and put one in her mouth. She grimaced and pulled it out then said, "Not candy." Yeah, not candy. She's a quick one.

Afterwards they had some lunch and played some games while the moms talked. I had a bunch of white balloons blown up and they had fun playing with those and playing ring-around-the-rosie. After everyone left Madie--who had locked us out of her room and ergo couldn't have a real quiet time in her room--watched about ten minutes of a movie before the inevitable happened:


And so I would say my timing was perfect.

3 comments:

Shan and Cam said...

The party was a blast... Weston's still hanging on to his hearts he decorated. He loves them!

Mal said...

hahaha, that's cute, Shannon! Madie's little butterfly one is pinned to the curtains in her room and she still comments on it.

ML said...

What a little sweetheart.