Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Nature Hike & Italian Night

Saturday morning, Madie and I went for a hike at Del Valle. We tried to get to the trail head by sunrise, and made it just in-time. We actually saw a bobcat crossing the road, which was pretty cool. I'd actually never seen one in the wild before.

It was a bit chilly, but not too bad. Madie said her hands were cold. She was happy to wear her mittens and be out and about.

Canadian goslings.

Madie loved throwing rocks at the lake and watching the birds.


She really liked running along the shore, particularly where that puddle is. She eventually fell into it, which meant it was time to ABORT! It was a horrible realization that the car was 1.5 miles at the top of a few hills. Luckily, Mal packed a snack and that was enough to distract her while I did the leg-work (pun!).

Lots of storks too. There are supposed to be a few bald eagles nesting up there as well.

We hosted an Italian Night later. Off to work!

We put our new pasta maker to the test.

We also used our pizzelle machine to make cookies.

Madie learned what 'hot' really means.

*Tear*.

Pizzelles...or small waffle cookies.

We even made some spinach-ricotta stuffed ravioli. Pasta machine was a hit! We had quite the diverse group come....featuring our neighbors from Germany and Spain, and a family from our ward.

3 comments:

Jessica :) said...

Mmm, your Italian night sounds delicious! I love pizzelle cookies. So tasty! And homemade ravioli? You guys are so ambitious! Sorry Maddie burned her fingers. That's no fun. Also, I like the panoramic at the top of the post.

ML said...

You are a renaissance man Mike! Love the photos from the hike.

Unknown said...

What a fun, eventful day!