We decided to go to Maine and visit family during fall's peak this year. Madie still hadn't met any of my family (or Mike's for that matter) and Mike had never seen New England in the fall.
Madie loved the plane and the chance to crawl all over the SFO US Airways terminal. Here she is teaching me how to work the window shade.
Madie learned lots of tricks at Grammy Haskins' house. Climbing stairs was one of them--oh fun.
Great-Grammy Alexa and Great-Aunt Hope loved her! Of course, she's just like me, so why wouldn't they?!
Grammy Alexa made me a birthday cake, so after supper at Grammy Haskins' house, we all went over for a bite! It was good. AND she had cherry ice cream--how did she know?!
Lulu really wants a baby sister. Unfortunately for her, firstborns make crappy younger siblings.
On a walk with my cousins and Mike around Varnum land. My uncle passed away very unexpectedly two days after I got there. It was painful for all of us, and heartbreaking for my aunt and cousins, I know, but I must say, it was great to have "Lucy" with us. She lives in Spain, so who knows when the next time I'll see her will be.
Our walking destination: "the tree."
Levi's arrival. The striped legs are Lulu's. LM (her brother) is watching the onslaught. And the 250-pound man with the beard is cousin Link. Ahhh...nothing like getting twisted up with a big sweaty Irishman after a long drive.
In Sean's rocker. She doesn't quite fit, but she's getting there.
She knows what these are for!
Uncle Shawn had us all out to his place for a barbeque and lobster dinner the last night Mike and I were there. Dad bought 20 lbs of lobster! And then he was disappointed when we didn't eat it all! Holy! I'm blaming it on Grammy Alexa. Anyway, you can't blame me, Dickon, and Seany. We were the first into the pot! (Grammy Haskins' mac-and-cheese, by the way, was gone so fast there wasn't anything left to clean!)
3 comments:
Did you make it to Bar Harbor?
I'm glad you had a nice visit with your family and that you could be there during a time of loss.
I didn't make it down there. I really wanted to, but after what happened on Tuesday I decided I'd rather just spend the time with my family.
So sorry to hear about your uncle, but I'm glad you were able to be there!
and I'm TOTALLY jealous that you got to see the fall colors--hoping I'll be there next year!!!!
Post a Comment