I grew up camping at Mt. Madonna, a campground in the Santa Cruz Mountains. It features ferns, redwoods, a view of the coast (very far away), and a lot of wild boar, deer, etc. It was a lot of fun to go back, it brought back a lot of memories. Here is what happened...
Here is a great shot of Madie before we put her to bed. It was a brisk night, so we layered up!
Rules for camping with a 9 month old:
1. Don't forget the pacifier! (strike one)
2) If you are going to make pancakes for breakfast, bring a spatula. (strike two)
3) If you've already broken the first two rules, go to a nearby breakfast eatery and treat yourself to a nice breakfast because you probably only got two hours of sleep and all you want is comfort food.
Madie directing camp.
6 comments:
Hahaha! I love #3.
Truer words were never spoken!
Love it! I'll bet you'll never forget the pacifier again - oh, wait - that's what I said when you were staying at Grandma's house and you had to go out and buy a pacifier!
#3 sounds good to me. In fact, I would have skipped the camping and gone straight to it.
Many a time we had to go out and buy a new pacifier.
Uh, for the record, we didn't forget the pacifier at Grandma's house. The pacifier was sucked to collapse--literally.
She is so cute! I love that photo of her "directing" the camp! I'm gonna have to remember these rules for next year. 12 months can't be that different by way of rules than 9, right? ;)
Post a Comment