Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Martian Child? Seriously?

So Mike and I rented a movie last week called "Martian Child" with John Cusack, Joan Cusack, and Amanda Pete. I remember when it came out, and although I love John and Joan Cusack, and Amanda Pete's not bad, I was kind of like, "Martian Child? Are you kidding me?" But a friend of mine (studying sociology, go figure) assured me it was very good and that she would recommend it to everyone. I said I was sure she was right, but I never did actually go out and watch it.

Last weekend, too tired to plan anything with friends, Mike and I hit up the video store. I saw it and told him what Aileen (the friend) said about it. He was like, "Seriously?" I said I'd only watch it if he was interested, and that I could honestly take it or leave it, but I had heard it was really good. After another couple of minutes, we finally concluded there was nothing else really worth renting anyway, so we got it.

She was so right. It is so good! The whole time it has you thinking that the story could really go two ways, right up until the end, and when it decides it's just like, "Ooooh! I see! I like that!" I really liked it, the whole way through. It's been out for a while, so I know some of you have probably seen it, but it didn't have a huge opening - it was only in theaters here for a week or so. So yeah, I just figured I'd suggest it to you all in case you haven't seen it.

It's rated PG for "thematic elements and mild language." (No language sticks out to me specifically, unless you count "stupid." They do say "stupid" a couple of times. Other than that, I really can't think of anything.)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I liked this movie, too.

I hope you and Mike have more energy this weekend to do something fun and exciting...you're too young to be renting movies like an old married couple. :-)

Anony said...

Hmm, I am a little convinced to check that movie out now.

Ave said...

I have always loved John Cusak, I'll put it on my netflix, and while I'm at it maybe watch Say Anything again.

Anonymous said...

Say Anything - classic.