Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The computer's working! Yay!

OKay, so I got my computer back a few days ago, and now I have time to actually tell everyone... not that it's a crucial piece of knowledge, but hey, we all scrounge around for something half-way interesting to blog about from time to time.

Luckily we have most of our wedding pictures on backup and Mum is going to see if she has any from the Maine reception saved on her computer. I also have all my important essays, short stories, and poems I've kept and re-written since high school on my jumpdrive or in hard copy, so we've got those. However, all my recipes - gone. All the pictures of old friends, roommates, parties, and Mike and me dating - gone. Every system converter I've downloaded so I can read .docx files, etc, - gone. The list of Latin words in their different declensions I'm supposed to have been keeping throughout the semester - gone. All the music I've been given by Mike, Jym, Josh, Angela, Celeste, and Levi, along with all the music I have purchased myself - gone. Worst of all, the video Alexa put together for our wedding - GONE!

Anyway, you get the picture.

Slowly, partly-surely, I will rebuild what I've lost. If anyone has the wedding video - AHEM, ALEXA! - I'd sure like to have a copy. Frankly I feel a little entitled to it, considering it's is my wedding video.

3 comments:

Karen said...

I'd love to have a copy of that wedding video myself. Alexa, can you make me a copy too? So sorry you lost so many files, Mallory. That really stinks. Makes me want to back up my computer right now!

MJ said...

I've got pics on my facebook, but I don't think they copy over... I'll email them to you, though.

Sorry Malie!

Maine Mom said...

I'm glad you have your computer back and you can blog again. :-) Sorry about all that got lost, though. That is very frustrating and a major bummer! Good luck getting things back, especially that awesome video!