| I've been job hunting lately. Some of you may smirk and say "When aren't you job hunting?" I usually send out feelers 1-2 times per month, and have been fortunate enough to have a lot of interviews come my way with little effort. Another factor that plays into my job hunting is my job situation. I'm a subcontractor at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, and my contract renewal is decided on an annual basis. Every September I fret about us not having a job in October. This year, however, has caused even more fretting. The inability of congress to come up with a budget, coupled with new leadership at the Laboratory have all but made me feel secure with our current job situation, so in June/July I really started hunting. I've had some really good interviews with some interesting companies. My promptings to job hunt were confirmed with a discussion I had last week with some managers that I report to. "We are less than 50% confident we can renew your contract." Luckily, I have some things cooking. This trip to Maine was an interview with The Jackson Laboratory. Everything went really well, despite a few airline setbacks (happens every time I fly back east). We are just waiting to hear back from them to make a decision. Here are some highlights from the trip! |
2 comments:
Good luck with the hunt! I hope you find something that feels good to you and your family soon.
I hope your next post is To Maine to STAY! :-)
Post a Comment