It's official folks--we get to move to one of the most beautiful places on earth.
Where we can get our thrill fix.
And our fog fix.
And our fall fix.
And our winter fix.
And our boats and sea-food fixes.
Not to mention all the Dyers (or Dyuhs) Mike has been dying to meet.
For what it's worth, I have really enjoyed living in the Bay Area. It's beautiful, even if summer in the east bay lacks weather. And the people here have been so friendly. California is not at all what I thought it would be--namely, tons of snobby rich people with kids who did nothing but surf and flunk classes. BUT, I would be outright lying if I didn't say I am thrilled to be leaving apartment life behind us, hopefully for good! Things I won't miss:
Smokers
Pot smell
Chihuahuas
Stinky Pakistani food
Trash in the playground
Older kids at the playground leaving their trash
Things I will miss:
Sweet old women I hardly know dropping off their stinky Pakistani food
Walking to church
Blackberry picking 10 minutes from home
Yosemite
Karin and Oliver, Jessica and Ryan, Aurora and Josep, Talia and Casey--all such awesome neighbors
The Paradises, the Cheneys, the Atheys--all our other great friends who have made us feel so welcome
Sitting in the car with Jennifer Daily after RS presidency meetings being sarcastic and cracking ourselves up
Dinners with Allison and Gabe--two words: food heaven
Things I might miss:
Drunken women shouting outside their apartments in the middle of the night and getting pushy with the cop who comes to tell her to settle down.
Over-weight men in Speedos throwing their curtains wide open when I am in the living room facing their windows.
Old women from the assisted living down the street tossing bread crumbs everywhere--seriously, everywhere--even though it's plain to see no animal has touched them since the day before.
In the words of Mr. Bennet:
"For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbors, and laugh at them in our turn?"
Pictures:
And Acadia Magic is beautiful!





7 comments:
I am guessing you are moving to Maine! Well I have always heard that is beautiful back there (especially during the fall) and the pictures make it look GORGEOUS!
No more apartment living!!!! So jealous!
Yes, Kristen, Maine it is! And it is beautiful. You are all welcome to visit whenever you like!
I am so ridiculously jealous, Mal... I'm ridiculously happy for you, too.
Can I come with you? Just stop on your way through Colorado and pick me up! :):)
When are you moving? Will you be driving?
We leave the end of this month--I KNOW!--we'll spend a few days saying goodbye to siblings and Mike's grandma in Utah, then down to AZ to spend a week or so with his parents. Then we're shipping the car and flying out.
I can't wait for you and your family to be here!!!! WooHoo!
Ooh fun!! How exciting! Good luck with all the packing and everything that comes with moving. Maine looks like such a beautiful place to live. Sometime I will have to visit there!
Let's pretend I said this a lot sooner.... But, I hope Mike is ok with you "maybe" missing the fat men in speedos. ;) Congrats on the move and I hope everything goes well- and I'm glad we get to see you before you head back East!
Post a Comment