Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Early Birthday Celebration

We had both of our parents in town for Finnegan's blessing last weekend, and Madeleines birthday is on August 20th. We just figured we would have an early celebration! They don't get to make it to every birthday, so we made this one a special family party.  
When Mal asked Madie if she wanted little cakes (whoopie pies) or a big cake, she replied "I want a big, big, huge, HUGE pink cake!" Marilou and Mallory fulfilled the tall request of a soon to be three year old. It was huge, and very impressive. I love cake, but I'm not a big fan of frosting. This frosting though, was probably the best I'd ever had. It was light and smooth. It also doesn't hurt that it was made from fresh strawberries. 

We all pitched in to help Madie blow out the candles. This was the first birthday that she really understood what was going on, so she had an idea of what the expectations were as far as blowing out candles. 





Madie had been asking to open or even compromise by just holding her presents all day. She was so patient! She got some clothes, a boy doll (now named Finn), a paper dolly, a tea set, jump rope, and a tigger stuffed animal. 

And her two favorite things...a new dress and flip-flops. She was so excited about the flip-flops, she wants to wear them everywhere. 

No comments: