We're watching another family this week while the parents are helping out at a girls' camp. They have four kids: Lucy is 11, Cole is 9, Aly is 5, and Jenny is 4. We've been watching them since Monday and Madie has been pretty clingy since Tuesday. I figured it was mostly due to suddenly having to share mum with four other kids. I think I was wrong.
This morning before Aly and Jenny were up, Lucy, Cole, Madie and I were all eating breakfast. Madie was goofing around with Lucy like they were best friends, and Cole was cracking up from the counter. The older kids finished eating and went off to their respective activities. Madie finished and I got her down. She was toddling around the kitchen while I read.
Enter Aly. Before she left, Aly's mom told me that Aly loved little kids but that love was often a little too much for them. And Jenny does whatever her sister does; the combination is intense. She wasn't lying.
I didn't want to do it, but I did. After the first half-hour I told the girls the reason Madie's breath speeds up and she searches for the nearest exit whenever they enter a room she's in is because of situations similar to what I found when I came in from outside this morning: Madie pinned into a corner with two little blondies hovering over her either threatening to hug her or demanding she tickle their armpits.
This morning before Aly and Jenny were up, Lucy, Cole, Madie and I were all eating breakfast. Madie was goofing around with Lucy like they were best friends, and Cole was cracking up from the counter. The older kids finished eating and went off to their respective activities. Madie finished and I got her down. She was toddling around the kitchen while I read.
Enter Aly. Before she left, Aly's mom told me that Aly loved little kids but that love was often a little too much for them. And Jenny does whatever her sister does; the combination is intense. She wasn't lying.
I didn't want to do it, but I did. After the first half-hour I told the girls the reason Madie's breath speeds up and she searches for the nearest exit whenever they enter a room she's in is because of situations similar to what I found when I came in from outside this morning: Madie pinned into a corner with two little blondies hovering over her either threatening to hug her or demanding she tickle their armpits.
1 comment:
hahaha! Poor Madie!
Post a Comment