
All I wanted for Fathers Day this year was to get out and go camping somewhere. We haven't been able to get out and about so much this year with grad school forcing me to lose my two Fridays off per month and all spare time devoted to class and studying. We decided to book a campsite in the redwoods, since they only an hour away. We went on a hike after we set up camp, and Madie found some horses!

We went on another hike near the park visitors center which is the redwood grove loop, but I forgot my camera. I was so disappointed with myself because it was one of the most amazing grove of trees I have ever walked through. The trees were absolutely huge, as were the shamrocks. I felt like a field mouse while walking through there. I'm still kicking myself for not remembering the camera.

Madie was chowing down on the grapes while we had tin foil dinners.


We had to leave early on Sunday morning so that we could get back home and get ready for church which starts at 9:00 am. We got up around 5:30 am and began taking everything down and packing it in the car. Madie was fast asleep the whole time. We even rolled her pack and play out under the sky while we took down the tent. She is such a good camper.
No comments:
Post a Comment