Monday, July 11, 2011

The Prusso's and What We Did There

So, as was said a couple of posts ago, we watched a family's four kids for a week while their parents were away at Girls' Camp. They were a handful sometimes but a lot of fun! And Madie loved hanging out with so many "brothers and sisters." (Well, most of the time. View "Names Adjusted.") Anyway, here are some pictures so in later years we can reminisce about our time with the Prusso kids--or try and remember who they are. I guess it depends on how far in the future you want to go.


Madie's chillin' poolside at the tennis club. (Yes. We were temporarily members of a tennis club. Oo-la-la!) I took Madie into the pool with me when we got there for Alice's swim lesson, but she started shivering and her lips turned blue, so we got out and changed and watched the other kids swim for 15 minutes. Not the most fun we've had at a pool, but Madie enjoyed it while it lasted. Then gave me hell the rest of the time. (Okay, not that bad. But the initial explanation of why we couldn't stay didn't go over well.)


The Prussos own some beautiful hens, like this one right here. They proved endless entertainment for Madie. She now knows how to make a proper chicken noise rather than just her generic "tweet tweet" for anything with a beak.


The younger girls and I had some fun at a park. Can you believe Jane and Alice hadn't ever climbed a tree?! Neither had the other little girl I nanny, Cali. I mean, c'mon! That's all I did in the summer. Well, that and pelt Sam and Jake with water balloons from above.


On our last night, the girls had a fort inside...


...while Canyon and Mike had a fort outside. Canyon built what could be compared to a sheikh's tent. I guess he's all into adventuring--in style.

I slept on the couch. Considering Lily ended up going to sleep in her own bed rather than the couch cushions on the floor and Mike and Canyon ended up moving inside once the sprinklers came on that Mike thought he had turned off, I think I made the most comfortable decision.


There's the dangerous duo. Even at breakfast they BOTH insisted on sitting next to Madie, which I'm sure made her feel very...secure.


On our last day we took the kids to the zoo after cleaning the house up. Here I am explaining to the kids how in Saipan they enjoy fuzzy flying rodents stewed in their own blood. The kids were enthralled.


And to top it all off we hit up Fenton's afterward. Here's Madie being generous with her Mandarin oranges. (Really, this is generosity. She loves those things.)

2 comments:

Sean and Becky said...

Mike still wears that shirt in public? (this is Sean by btw)

Ben and Kristen Call said...

Wow you guys are seriously AMAZING!!! I don't think I could go from a family of three to six overnight. Looks like you guys had a great time babysitting!
your camping trip looks awesome too. I cannot believe that Maddie stayed asleep the whole time...what a sleeper!!