Monday, June 13, 2011

Oh Won't You Save Me, San Francisco!

I know it's been a while since I've posted, but I didn't realize how many pictures were sitting on my camera until today when I went to upload them all to my computer. So I guess to start with, I will post about our latest visitor.

You need to be more careful of the poses you make, Maiko. I post the best ones I have.
A very good friend of ours from school just took a job as a flight attendant, and she's stationed in a city in NorCal! So when she had an over-nighter in San Fran, she gave us a call. We took her to our farmer's market, stayed up talking late, then the next morning was Mike's day off, so we showed her around the city!

Mike and Madie posing in front of one of the new hearts on the four corners of Union Square. I think they were to raise money to rebuild a children's hospital, but I can't quite remember.
Then we headed over to Japan Town. This was my first time in Japan Town and honestly, I wouldn't mind living there. If I were going to live in the city, anyway. It's clean, the houses are pretty nice, and it's quiet.

That is the cutest samurai I've ever seen. And the geisha! WOW! **Wolf whistles**
 Finally we headed over to the bridge. I mean, after all, it was a beautiful day in San Francisco and this is one landmark that is always worth the trip!
Look, Levi! They stack rocks here too! Of course, I've never seen a rock-stacking artist quite like you.
Speaking of places to live in San Francisco, just for the record, I wouldn't mind at all if we lived in one of the houses up the street from the bridge. Just throwing that out there.

 Madie loves the ocean. She stared at the waves from the wall for a while, then when we went to meet up with Dad and Maiko (they went on ahead while Madie finished a nap the car) we ran into some wildlife. Madie was particularly interested in this guy--he, however, was interested in the person with the lunch sitting just outside the picture.
This was a beautiful seagull. That's right, I said it. He had perfect coloring and was actually pretty clean looking. Do you KNOW how rare that is?! 
Tromping along the wall just up from the beach.

No comments: