Thursday, December 31, 2009

Mal's Resolutions

Ya know, I'm pretty good at setting goals and keeping them if I discipline myself. New Years past though, I haven't taken resolutions very seriously. I think it was mostly because it's a tradition, and like many traditions, it has become cliche. So, it doesn't mean a whole lot. This year though, I've been thinking about my resolutions. I really want to set some and to set up a way to actually accomplish them. That means making a list. Or maybe two.

I love making lists. I actually get excited thinking about making lists and then at the end of making them, crossing things off as I finish them. You're just going to have to accept that.

I am going to make lists of monthly goals for each of my year-long goals so that I can be sure to actually accomplish my resolutions. Don't worry, I wont bore you with these lists. I'll do them some place private.

I will give you my resolutions though! Aren't you excited?! Here they are:

1) Learn some honest-to-goodness ballroom dance moves with Mike. (Maybe I should run this by him?)
2) Write two more short stories and send them in some place.
3) Learn to cook healthier, but just as scrum-diddly-umptious!

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Maine Mom said...

Good luck with those great goals! I hope you share your healthier food finds with us.

Ave said...

When JW and I got married I swore that I would get us into a ballroom dance class. Almost 10 years later, nada. I hope you do it and have tons of fun. I think ballroom looks so beautiful and very sexy. Oh well, there is always dancing with the stars to watch with Lulu.

Holly said...

Share your yummy healthy recipes with me! I will see if I have any winners to send along...how do you define healthy? Funny question I know, but seriously, everyone defines "eating healthy" differently, don't you think?

We'll stay posted for videos of the dancing couple...Jeff and I have decided that is one of those things to do a few years down the road when he could actually attend a ballroom class with me :) I am predicting a dance off in the year 2025...watch out! :)