Sorry this is a little late, we have been having some issues posting pictures and can't figure out the problem. Anyways, Madie had a successful first Christmas despite the upsetting start. I woke up at about 5:30 am to the sound of Madie fussing around in the room she was staying in at Grandma Clark's home. I started to get dressed to go and assist her when all of the sudden I hear her potent shrieking voice! It was out of the ordinary for her to go full volume when she is just waking up, so I darted for her room to find out what her deal was. It was dark mind you, so I reached down to where her shoulders should have been and was shocked to feel her flailing feet sticking up in the air. I felt for her body, which she pushed OFF the head of the mattress (New mattress for her new crib, except the crib wasn't set up. We just put the mattress on the floor and called it good.) Luckily it was only 5 inches off the floor! She had a small indentation on the top of her head from the push-off, but nothing major. Needless to say, she was happy to be saved.

Opening her first present!

Happy camper.
Another angle of her first present. After opening presents at 6:00 am and having German Pancakes, we called it good and fell asleep until 9:00 am. Thanks Grandma, Nana, and Papa for letting us get extra sleep! Great Christmas Present.

We had a small get-together with the Clark side of the family for nice lunch that included our traditional ham, potatoes, fresh rolls, and Grandma's famous layered jello salad (I believe 7 layers?). These are all the great-grand children that live in the local area. Prior to opening presents with everyone, Grandma gave all the kids these elf hats to distribute presents to those present. If you look carefully, you can see Madie.

This is sometime during the break...can't remember when. Madie supports herself on her own strength. She is just so top-heavy that she can't balance very well yet.

She can even take a few baby steps here and there!

Sunday following Christmas, we decided to go to Temple Square in Salt Lake to view the temple lights. This is Madie with Nana and Papa in the North Visitors center, which featured some cool displays on the church welfare system, and scriptures/prophets.
There's our group. The lights were amazing.
On Sunday evenings, they allow 30 minute musical sets to local musicians. This was a family of 5 1/2 (baby on the way). Mom, six year old, and four year old on the violins. Two year old on a mini-cello (looks like she was learning the fingering). Husband on the piano. They were amazing! The six year-old was really good! She was keeping up with her Mom really well.
And of course the reflection pond on the east side of the temple featuring the nativity.
3 comments:
She is so cute in those pics! What a fun Christmas! Hope you guys are enjoying the new things in your lives. :)
Hahaha! I cannot get enough of that picture of Madie in amongst the cousins! Too funny!
I love the picture of Maddie by herself! We're also glad to hear that your move went well. Good luck with all those high schoolers!
Post a Comment