Since last summer, I have been working towards preparing for a specific internship. There is this nuclear site that is about 70 miles southwest of us called Idaho National Lab. It's a very famous lab that was first established in the 1950's to develop nuclear energy. They actually have the first nuclear reactor out there! Anyways, this 'site' takes on interns from our school occasionally from different majors. Mostly Engineering and Occupational Health and Safety (mine). I was originally trying to get this internship starting in January 2009, but they didn't have internship money in their budgets unfortunately. They were actually cutting back on some employees at the beginning of the year. Needless to say, I didn't get the internship I had hoped for starting in January. Instead, I have been doing one with my current job at the Safety Office on campus. Last week, I received a call from them asking me if I was still interested for an internship this summer. I replied "Absolutely!" Their manager called me on Monday morning to interview me over the phone. He just asked some get to know you questions about myself, my experience, etc. He said he would call back to let me know if I got the internship. An hour later, his secretary called me to inform me that I got it!! I was so excited! I couldn't even concentrate the rest of Monday! I will start in April and work until September. There is a chance that I could work through the Fall semester until I graduate with Malie in December. Anyways, just wanted to share the good news.
"Grief can take care of itself, but to get the full value of a joy you must have somebody to divide it with." - Mark Twain
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Internship!
Since last summer, I have been working towards preparing for a specific internship. There is this nuclear site that is about 70 miles southwest of us called Idaho National Lab. It's a very famous lab that was first established in the 1950's to develop nuclear energy. They actually have the first nuclear reactor out there! Anyways, this 'site' takes on interns from our school occasionally from different majors. Mostly Engineering and Occupational Health and Safety (mine). I was originally trying to get this internship starting in January 2009, but they didn't have internship money in their budgets unfortunately. They were actually cutting back on some employees at the beginning of the year. Needless to say, I didn't get the internship I had hoped for starting in January. Instead, I have been doing one with my current job at the Safety Office on campus. Last week, I received a call from them asking me if I was still interested for an internship this summer. I replied "Absolutely!" Their manager called me on Monday morning to interview me over the phone. He just asked some get to know you questions about myself, my experience, etc. He said he would call back to let me know if I got the internship. An hour later, his secretary called me to inform me that I got it!! I was so excited! I couldn't even concentrate the rest of Monday! I will start in April and work until September. There is a chance that I could work through the Fall semester until I graduate with Malie in December. Anyways, just wanted to share the good news.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Yeehaw! Great news--we're so happy for you!
Awesome! Good thing that Mal is already pregnant and the baby won't be born with three heads!
...kidding
So happy for you! Congrats.
Congratulations!
That's great, Mike; every thing seems to be working out for you two.
Congratulations!
Post a Comment