Tuesdays and Thursdays I have decided are both my favorite and my least favorite days of the week this semester. I only have one class and it's at 8 a.m. to 9:30. That is awesome. I love that part of it. It leaves me an entire day to get homework done for my Wednesday and Friday classes, of which there are many. I also have plenty of time to get some work hours in without feeling overwhelmed like I would if I were trying to squeeze in a few hours at the end of a full day of classes. Best of all, it gives me plenty of time to catch up on sleep.
Now here's the problem: my mentor teacher, whom I TA for, hasn't gone far enough in the semester for me to have any papers to grade, grades to enter, or students to counsel with papers on. So, no work there right now. I'm also in charge of the scholastic book orders that the teachers teaching Young Adult and Children's lit. classes use, but right now they have their fliers and students are just entering online orders. Really no work there right now. The accreditation binders I'm in charge of aren't due until April, so naturally they've taken a back burner in the teachers' minds. Again, no work. And I've done some Russian, but I can only do that for so long before my mind kind of starts to shut down.
So, this week's anticipated glorious Tuesday and Thursday have both been extremely dull as I sit on campus, usually in Rigby Hall where I work, chatting it up with the secretaries doing absolutely nothing but entertaining them - which is fun 'cause they are hilarious - and eating my lunches over long, drawn out periods of time as I wait for Mike to be ready to go to the gym and then home.
Next time I think I'll just head home and call the walk my exercise. It is nearly a mile and at a brisk pace with my backpack on, I'm sure I'm putting in more physical work than most people do running a marathon.
3 comments:
Seeing as I am naturally lazy anyway, it sounds like a perfectly lovely day to me :)
No doubt you are burning calories, especially with the cold weather and all. Really Mal you could probably only go to the gym 3 times a week and still be in great shape.
This post is brining back memories of semesters when all of my classes were on 2 days of the week or 3 days of the week and I had the other days off. The days I did have classes were long days of learning, but not having classes every day was nice.
Good luck figuring out how to best spend your Tuesdays and Thursdays until they get busier. The walk home sounds like a great way to get your exercising in without having to wait around for Mike.
Post a Comment