With wondering awe, the wisemen saw
The star in heaven springing,
And with delight in peaceful night,
They heard the angels singing:
Hosanna, hosanna, hosanna to his name!
I'm sitting here with Mike right now. He's studying for a certification. I'm writing up the program for Christmas day. I have all of the special musical numbers worked out and some of the reading parts, but none of the congregational hymns, so I ran an idea past Mike.
"I think right before we read that part, we'll have the congregation sing With Wondering Awe, because the last couple of verses say this:
And still is found, the world around,
The old and hallowed story,
And still is sung in every tongue
The angels' song of glory...
The heav'nly star its rays afar
On ev'ry land is throwing,
And shall not cease till--"
"I've never even heard of this song."
I gape at him.
"What? I don't think I've ever sung this before, ever."
"Mike, we sang this last year. Not just the congregation, but it was a song the choir performed last year. We practiced it. The whole theme of our program last year was "Wondrous Little Stranger." I point to the phrase in the second verse.
"Really?"
"Yes!"
"Sorry..."
This is one of those, "You never even notice me anymore!" moments.
No comments:
Post a Comment