We spent yesterday up to Gram's. It's always fun visiting with Grammy and Alexa. It's even more fun teasing Alexa and Sean. I was surprised Uncle Shawn didn't join us, but Gram said he did spend Thanksgiving evening with them.
They held off on the traditional feast until we came, which wasn't my intention, but we enjoyed a second turkey dinner!
![]() |
| We walked to Bob's Hardware, always a hit. Petya wanted to walk like the big kids--she walked the whole way back. |
The day before we went up to Gram's was wet and gray, and we knew the next day we'd be spending 4 hours in the car, so Mike met us at the Y after work to run around a bit. Petya loves to sit on the trucks and scoot herself all over the floor. She's getting pretty big for them--not that they were ever meant for someone to sit on them.
We took family pictures back in October, but, as is typical, Madie spent the time fooling around and pulling faces. I promised Mike I would try to get a shot of her before it snowed. With no school, this was the week to do it. I asked her to go pick something out to wear and she pouted. I told her to pick long-sleeved so she'd be warm (our other pictures were taken outside, so I was looking for continuity--in November). We couldn't agree on anything, so I finally just pulled out this short-sleeved dress and she blanched.
"Just remember, the less you fool around, the faster we'll get inside."
After 10 minutes I knew I had some good ones. She was happy to take the dress off and get back into pajamas. And I was happy to have a decent picture of her.
Mike took Finn canoeing and fishing this week. He has his license, but he's only been able to get out a few times all year, and they haven't caught anything yet. Still, Finn loves to go out on the boat.
![]() |
| Madie refuses to get in "until we get a boat without duct tape." |
We've spent the week teaching the kids a couple of new games. I think I mentioned in the last post chess and Chinese checkers. They kept complaining regular checkers is more fun. ?? Who likes checkers? Is there a more boring game?
Tomorrow is back to the grind.




No comments:
Post a Comment