Sunday, November 13, 2016

Halloween

This was our first year actually making it all the way up and down Ledgelawn Ave. They shut the whole street down to cars at 5 pm so kids can trick-or-treat the area. It gets pretty crazy, and, of course, cold. This year though, the kids stuck it out. 


Nell went as a bunny. I wanted to do some makeup on her cheeks, but once the eyebrows were done, it was all I could do  to get the nose on.
I went as 6-year-old ME! Yes, the haircut is real. I won Most Original at our church party.

A couple months ago Madie asked me what kind of person would have pink eyebrows. 
"I don't know. A rockstar, I guess."
"Great." 
A day later she came in the house and announced she'd be a rockstar for Halloween. I didn't put the connection together until later I asked her why she wanted to be a rockstar and she said, "Because you said it was a rockstar that would have pink eyebrows." When it came down to it though, she didn't even have me do the eyebrows.

At least we didn't have to buy anything special for it. Or make anything for it. That's a win in my book.
Mike, as a last-minute costume, went as Evan McMullin. We ran into some Mormon mafia while we were there, which was advantageous.
For the party we dressed Nell up as the rapper Nelly, which I thought was hilarious, but most people didn't get. It would have helped if we'd had the little white bandaids, or if she had kept the do rag on. Or if Nelly was a lot more popular.

I tried to get a pic of Finn's eagle costume, but he kept spinning around so it's just a blur, so this group picture will have to do.

No comments: