From one of my favorite days (Thanksgiving) to the next (going to cut down a Christmas tree), this has been a great week. We went to Maine Mountain Man in Franklin for the second year in a row. Growing up, I remember it taking a lot longer for Mom and Dad to find a tree go cut down. We are literally in the farm for less than ten minutes. Part of that could be the cold temps in Maine? Not sure. But we got our tree, bagged it, and enjoyed the hot chocolate and cookies. When we got home, I started a fire, Mal turned on some Christmas music, and the decorating began. The kids had fun decorating the tree, but I had to sit down with them (Finn) to explain why we don't hit our ornaments with hangers. Our ornaments are an accumulation of places we visit, and years/milestones in the kids lives (thank you Nana). I don't think it sunk in with Finn, but I'm really appreciating Madie and how she has been starting to grasp the importance of things like this lately. She has been asking lots of questions, almost to the point of annoyance. I have to remind myself that this is a stage, and she asks these questions because she has been trying to put the pieces together and make sense of 'why' we do things the way we do. She really has grown up a lot these last few months.
No comments:
Post a Comment