A few weeks ago, I was on the stand at church, sitting peacefully, preparing to get up and lead the congregation in singing a hymn. Suddenly, unexpectedly, in walked a family of familiar faces. Okay, actually, only two of the faces were really familiar--
Jeff and Lydia lived in our branch when I was a young teenager. He was working in the coast guard on the far side of the island and often I would babysit their children. Two of them aren't in the picture--but those are the two I remember best. These others weren't even around yet! It was so much fun to see them and catch up. I would have loved to get together with them while they were here, but it didn't work out. We did get to see them once more at the wedding of a friend (that's why they were here.) I hope you are able to come back for a longer visit some time!
No comments:
Post a Comment