Madie has successfully completed her second year of preschool. She only went twice per week for a half day each, but I think it really helped her develop some social skills. Plus, she will know quite a few kids as she heads to kindergarten. She went on a field trip last week to visit her new school, and had a graduation ceremony. It was less than ten minutes long (which was perfect), and included a couple of songs from the kids in addition to the walk. Afterward, there was a pizza dinner with salad. There were exactly six boxes of large pizzas for 40+ people. I don't know how your family eats pizza, but ours can put down two entire pizzas on our own. Needless to say, it was a disappointing dinner. Thankfully a few people brought food to supplement. Congratulations Madie! We have really enjoyed seeing the many projects you bring home.
 |
| Getting lined up to perform. |
 |
| Poor Madie, she is very self-conscious and gets embarrassed when in front of people so easily. |
 |
| Getting her certificate, which they misspelled her name on. |
 |
| When we went to sit down to eat, Madie told us that we'd better not sit with her. I guess she is already ashamed of her parents at 4.5. I thought we at least had a few more years! |
2 comments:
Obviously Mike, you are not as used to her telling you to shove off as I am. Let's see, graduation dinner, lunch at Conners, close to every time Finn and I show up at the playground the same time the preschool is out there. The only time she DOESN'T want me to leave her is when I have a busy Finn to watch as he runs around the library and one of her teachers is taking other kids to the bathroom ANYWAY, then of course, if she has to go, it is just too horrifying to have anyone else take her.
those little graduation outfits are TOO CUTE!!!
Post a Comment