Saturday, June 21, 2014

Father's Day

 Mallory absolutely spoiled me this year for Father's Day. First of all, I don't remember feeling so relaxed in quite some time. I'm usually go-go-go all day, every day, but Mal just made it a really easy going day for everyone. She, of course, was busy making crumpets/bacon/egg sandwhiches for breakfast before church. After church, we had chicken tacos with home made guacamole for dinner, followed by fruit pizza for dessert. Honestly, whenever we make Mexican food, it's literally the best Mexican food in the entire state of Maine. That means two things, 1. Mal makes awesome food, and 2. Maine doesn't know what Mexican food is. After dinner, we went for a hike in Acadia. I was commenting to Mal on our hike that someday, I would love to sit in a kid carrier backpack and let someone carry me on a hike just to see what it's like. The reason I say that is with both Madie and Finn, no matter the time of day, when I carried them in the pack they always fell asleep. I know that once their forehead starts gently knocking into the pack of my head, they are down for the count. Great day, and thank you Mal for all you did.

Madie walking Elvis for the first time.
Lots of bridges where we went.

No comments: