Sunday, June 29, 2014

Finn's first Boy Scout experience

 I took our Boy Scout Troop on a camp out in Acadia on Friday night, and brought Finn along for the ride. After working so much during the week, often only seeing my family for a few hours in the evenings, I feel bad leaving them behind for a Friday/Saturday night outing. But now that Finn is old enough, I don't feel so bad as long as I can bring him with. I look at it as a chance that him and I can spend some time together and do some manly things. On our way down to the campground, we had to stop by Echo Lake to see if Finn's truck was still laying on the beach from when they were playing earlier. Luckily, it was! That was worrisome because he really loves his trucks. Once we got to camp, I was trying to set up the tent, and within 5 minutes Finn started crying and had blood dripping out of his mouth. Honestly, I wasn't surprised. This is just classic Finn and how he learns. Luckily, it was just a bloody lip and not a broken tooth. He had pulled our griddle off the table and it bonked him. He slept very well (despite rolling into me many times) and loved the hike in the morning.

Mal and Madie went on a date to Tessa's for Dinner, and Ben and Bill's afterwards. Funny story about a restaurant experience with Madie. So Mal and Madie originally went to Cherry Stones for dinner, and when they were ready to take their order, Madie asked for "long pasta with cheese on top". The waitress confessed that they only had Penne, no long pasta. Mal turned to Madie and asked if that was okay or if she wanted to go somewhere else. Madie said "Yeah, let's go somewhere else." So they did! She is such a funny girl. She definitely knows what she wants. They were going to watch a 'girl' movie, but got back too late from dinner, so they watched a Barbie movie in the morning.

Not quite sunrise, but 5:15 am from the natural Seawall.

Finn was eating really well on the trip: marshmallows, crackers, chocolate, bacon, and pop tarts.
He fell asleep during part of the hike and was in a great mood the entire time. He did appreciate being able to stretch otu his legs every once in a while.

1 comment:

ML said...

He is sooo cute! I love these pictures and I love that he gets to go with you!