Sunday, February 24, 2013

Snowcave!

After Winter Storm Nemo left three-foot drifts in our backyard, I began collecting snow into a large pile. By the next week's storm, I had enough to dig out a solid cave. Madie's been loving it! 
When we were in there today she initiated a game from almost a year ago! She used to be obsessed with Winnie the Pooh. But then princesses entered her life, and Pooh Bear was on the outs. While we were in the cave, she started role-playing that Winnie the Pooh story where Pooh gets stuck in Rabbit's hutch. It was hilarious; we must have switched roles and ran through the script like 20 times. 

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

that is hilarious! and you guys are amazing parents! I love how active and involved you guys are with your kiddos!! Keep up the great work!! and BTW...I say your book for PAPA yesterday...A.M.AZ.ING!! Didn't even realize blurb did such small perfectly cute ones...may just have to copy that for my parents!!

Mal said...

Thanks, Tiffany! Considering you are the most involved and active parent I know, that's a big compliment! And yes, Blurb does all sorts of sizes, etc. It's fun!

ML said...

What a great cave! That was one of the most fun things I remember from when I was a kid. I love the first photo of Madie looking inside:)

Unknown said...

So cool! I love the first picture, too. :-)