HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!
I know some people are anti-Valentine's but I'll be honest, I really enjoy this holiday. But then I've never been one to bash on love. I've also never felt like this is an exclusively romantic holiday either. But don't worry, I'm not going to go into my schpeil any further.
Just remember: I heart love. And you should too.
Soap box gone.
This was a fun one because Madie is finally old enough to really participate in some things--not that they weren't fun in the past with just Mike and I of course, but with Mike's class being on a Thursday, we haven't had the chance to actually celebrate our end of it. Mike bought Madie and I flowers. Madie thought they were both for me until I put one of the bouquets in her room that night.
There's a little vase of fake flowers on the dresser in our bedroom down here that the owners keep up there and ever since she saw them, Madie has wanted some in her room. I have been meaning to put that vase in her room but keep forgetting to, so this was fun for her to wake up to. (These are a lot prettier too.) We also put some chocolates out for her, but I made the mistake of rolling them in cocoa powder. Madie won't actually bite into anything first, she has to lick it--well, plain cocoa powder is gross so if that's all she's getting she doesn't like it. I even made them mint flavored per her request.
| Trying to wake the Fi before Mike leaves for work. |
For breakfast I made pancakes. I showed Madie I could make a heart but she only wanted a circle. Then I told her I could make an M for Madie and she said, "Yes, a M and a heart." So here she is with a sweet smile on Valentine's morning getting ready to eat her heart and M shaped pancakes. I felt like Grandpa Clark shaping out the letters.
We let her have the same for dinner too. C'mon, it was Valentine's! Besides, I snuck a little rhubarb in there. I don't know what's in rhubarb, but I'm sure it's healthy.
Madie doesn't usually go to school on Thursdays, but this week they were going to sing Valentine's songs at an assisted living center and I promised I would help. The preschool has grown a lot in the last month--at Christmas there were 7 kids who went to sing (not all the kids enrolled, but the majority), and on Thursday there were 19. It was fun for Madie too because she's been wanting to ride on a bus, and she got to with just her friends! (And teachers obviously, but not me.)
| "Skidamarinky, dinky, dink!" |
And we'll close with another shot of Mr. Finnegan. Here he is playing with his little train from Nana. (And displaying the latest in spring fashion.)

2 comments:
Looks like a sweet Valentine's Day! Super cute pictures! I hope you & Mike get to celebrate together soon. :-)
Love, love, love!
Post a Comment