Sunday, February 10, 2013

"Fresh Snow!"

On Wednesday we got a good snow fall--nothing huge, but it gave us enough to sled on--so I used the offer of play time to get Madie to come home with me after preschool. (It almost didn't work, and then I would have ended up with Miss Meghan playing in the snow with me and Finn instead.)

She was so excited to play in the "FRESH SNOW!" she wouldn't even let me take her inside: we changed into her snow gear in the car. Then Finnegan and I went inside and changed while she played outside the sliding doors where I could watch her. Then I grabbed the sled and we joined her. At first Madie was upset that I had brought the sled, but I told her it was actually for Finn and then she insisted on helping him sit up. It worked out great because then I could carry them around the yard for a bit of a ride!

Right before our 15 minute sleigh ride. Everyone's excited!

Aaaaand now we're done. Haha! Really he had a lot of fun, he just kept slipping further and further down and finally had this blank stare on his face. "Vacancy."

The next day Madie showed that she could sit on Finn's lap too! 


"Okay, this was fun, time to move it, sister!"

Then Saturday we hunkered down for Nemo. It really wasn't too bad here, but the wind was gusty. All the same, Madie really wanted to go out. So Mike too her out and let her play while he shoveled the drive. After nursing, Finn and I suited up and joined them. I knew it was still windy so I put Mike's rabbit-fur hat on him to help block the wind.


A cute little furry guy!
 It was mostly successful at doing so. This face is caused by the wind blowing right into his face! He couldn't even breathe, poor tyke.


1 comment:

ML said...

Sooo cute it almost hurts! Love the furry hat on Finn. Madie is such a pretty girl. Sigh.